Unless stated otherwise, all programs are first-come, first-serve.
- Chair Volleyball Wed & Thurs-12:30 P.M.
Taking Senior Centers by storm, Indoor Chair Volleyball is an activity that includes physical activity, social interaction, competition, and most of all, lots of laughs! From the fit to the wheelchair bound, all are included.
- Silver Sneakers Tai Chi Wednesday @ 10:00 A.M.
Tai chi is one of the more popular methods of movement for seniors. For this reason, both active seniors and those new to fitness can benefit from the low impact moves taught in this gentle form of exercise. Increases body awareness.
- Silver Sneakers Chair Yoga Tuesday @ 10:00 A.M.
Staying seated means that even those who are not as flexible can safely do these exercises. Yoga is an excellent way for older adults to loosen and stretch painful muscles, reduce stress, and improve circulation.
- Posture Police – Therapeutic Fitness Fri-9:00 A.M.
We spend a lot of our time sitting and working, leaving our bodies feeling frustrated and stiff. Does your neck, back, or shoulder hurt? Do you want your body to move and feel better? Matthew designed Posture Police – Therapeutic FitnessSM to strategically fix neck, back or shoulder pain. This class combines the Wisdom of Yoga and Science of Corrective Exercise. You will leave this class with a pain free body, functional mobility, and feeling balanced. (Matt)
- Line Dancing (Wed 3:30 pm) Line Dancing has proven to be a perfect exercise for those that need to work on their coordination and balance. The quick movements are good for increasing brain memory and heart health. With any weight-bearing exercise your bones get a good work out and help increase your bone density
- Light and Lively exercise for seniors (Thurs. 10:00 am) A complete program of exercises for Senior Adults. The routines are presented in a manner so that all can participate at their own level. The exercises begin with simple warm-up activities to increase circulation and lead up to activities that are not only challenging physically, but that also challenge mental alertness. The exercise is light, and the music is lively.
Ageless Grace Mon (10:00 am) Ageless Grace® is a cutting-edge brain fitness program based on neuroplasticity that activates all 5 functions of the brain – analytical, strategic, kinesthetic learning, memory/recall, creativity and imagination – and simultaneously addresses all 21 physical skills needed for lifelong optimal function.
Evidenced-Based Health Programs
- Diabetes Self-Management Program
This is held 2½ hours once a week for six weeks. This workshop is for people with Type 2 diabetes. RSVP 954-362-5456
- Matter of Balance
This program is specifically designed for older adults to increase their physical activity level and to help reduce their fear of falling. RSVP 954-362-5456
- Overeaters Anonymous Wednesday @ 11 A.M.
A twelve-step program for people with problems relating to food. Food-related issues may include compulsive overeating, binging disorders, bulimia, and anorexia. Anyone with a problematic relationship with food is welcomed.
- Al-Anon Meeting Monday 11:30 A.M.
A mutual support program for people whose lives have been affected by someone else’s Alcoholic drinking.
- Spiritual Wellness Group 3rd Tuesday @ 2P.M.
The goal of the spiritual wellness group is to help people find peace, harmony, happiness, and joy. The Spiritual group will inspire clients to focus on their own emotions and inner voice to fulfill their personal needs. The group will offer spiritual activities that help people define their meaning & purpose in life.
- Bingo in Spanish 3rd Friday at 12:00 pm:
Did you know that Bingo has been recognized not only as a great pastime for the elderly, but also a great way to sharpen memory and thinking skills? It’s true! There are lots of positive benefits to playing Bingo on a regular basis—let’s look at a few!
- How to read tarot cards 1st Tuesday at 2:30 P.M.
Learning how to use tarot requires a strong mix of intuition and familiarity with the symbols of the tarot. There is no right way to do it, and eventually everyone develops their own technique that they are comfortable with. We’ll go through a step-by-step process to get you started reading your cards in no time.
- The Price is Right 3rd Friday @ 2 pm & 2nd Friday at 12pm.
This exciting activity can be a powerful way to inject more fun into your life.
- Meditation Thursday @ 11:30 A.M.
Meditation is a mind and body practice with a long history of use. Meditation is known for increasing calmness and physical relaxation, improving psychological balance, coping with illness, and enhancing overall health and well-being. Mind and body practices focus on the interactions among the brain, mind, body, and behavior. We Use quartz crystal Tibetan singing bowls to enhance meditation, intuition, relaxation, and bodywork.
- Brain Fitness Class 1st Friday @ 10:30 A.M.
A free program for individuals concerned about memory loss. A healthy body and a healthy brain are essential to living a satisfying and independent life. The brain needs regular activities that are both varied and stimulating to stay fit. This is where our classes can help: by providing variety and challenge to seniors.
- Art Class 2nd & 4th Friday at 2:00 P.M.
Art classes for seniors can improve cognitive and sensory-motor functions. It can also foster self-esteem and enhance social skills. Art projects for the elderly can provide the meaning or purpose they may be missing in their lives now that they are not working or caring for a family.
- Book Club w/ Molly 1st Mon @ 1:30 pm.
The book club is a reading group consisting of seniors who read and talk about books based on a topic or an agreed-upon reading list.
- Sound Bath/Drum Circle w/Ossie 2nd Wednesday at 2 pm.
A sound bath is a meditative experience where those in attendance are “bathed” in sound waves. These waves are produced by various sources, including healing instruments such as gongs, singing bowls, percussion, chimes, rattles, tuning forks, and even the human voice itself.
- Coral Springs Film Club 4th Thursday 1:30-3:30 pm.
The purpose of Film Club is to provide educational opportunities for those interested in classic films.
- Widow & Widowers Social 3rd Thursday at 2 P.M.
The Widows & Widowers group was initially formed so widows and widowers could have a safe and inclusive micro-community reserved just for them.
- Friends Lunch Chat “Pizza party 4th Fri at 12 pm: Looking for 60 + people wanting to socialize in Coral Springs area! Breakfasts, Lunches, Happy Hours, outings to restaurants, and other activities. We’re always looking for ideas of what to do and where a large group can be accommodated. Our events are held anywhere from Coral Springs to Margate, Parkland, Tamarac, Boca Raton, Ft. Lauderdale & Palm beach county. Many of the events are held in Broward County. Come join an active group with happy people who don’t act or look their age.
- AARP Safe Driving Class (Day & Time Call 954-362-5456)
The AARP Smart Driver course is recognized as an approved accident prevention course for drivers age 55 and older by the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. Insured drivers age 55 and older may be eligible for an appropriate reduction in automobile insurance premium charges for three years after completing this course. Please check with your insurance company or agent for any additional requirements for eligibility.
- Free Screenings/Phones
- Free Covid Vaccination
- Free Balance & fall Risk Assessments.
- Free Memory Screening:
- Free Hearing & Vision Screening:
- Free Amplified Phones:
- Free CapTel Phones:
- (Appointment Only 954-362-5456)